How to Register/Log in
1) Open your Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc). Type the following into the web address bar:www.myschoolbuilding.com
. Press the Enter key or click on Go
. Enter the account number (Insert account #) then click onSubmit Organization
. Or you can use the following link to access the login page:
2) You will be prompted to enter your email address then click Submit. If you have been to this website before and have entered a maintenance request into the system, you are already registered as a user. Enter your email
address then proceed to page 2, “How to Submit a request”.
3) If you are a new user, the system will not recognize you right away. Enter your last name to proceed with the
registration process. Click Submit
This will be filled in with your contact information according to how it was entered upon registration.
Click on the drop down menu next to Location and make your selection. This will indicate where the work will be performed.
- Follow the same steps for Building and Area (*if selections are available).
- Be sure to type in your Area/Room Number
Select the icon that best describes the request/issue you are reporting.
- Step 4: Type in your description of the problem
Optional steps that may appear on your page:
(Some may be required
Type in the best time for a technician to come by.Next Step:
Click on the drop down arrow and select a Purpose Code.Next Step:
Use calendar to select a Requested Completion Date.Next Step:
Click the Attach New File
link to attach a photo or document detailing the issueNext Step:
Type in the Submittal Password
of: <insert password here>
Click the Submit
My Requests Tab
You can view any requests that you have entered into the system by clicking on the My Requests
tab. Hover your mouse over the Shortcuts
link and click on My Maint Requests
. You will see a listing of any request that you have entered into the system. You are also able to print out a listing of your requests by clicking on the printer icon.
On this screen you will see up-to-date information on your request including:
• Work Order number for referencing.
• The date you requested the work.
• Any Action Taken notes added by the technician of the progress of the work order.
• A Completion Date once the work has been completed.
• In the Request Totals section (on the right hand side of the screen) you can click on the number next to the
status description to see all request marked with that status.
• You can search for any work order request by typing in a keyword in the box next to Search this result for
then click on GO. This will pull up any of your requests according to the keyword that you searched for.
(Example: If you type in “Keys”, it would have pulled up any request dealing with keys).
• Click on the Work Request Tab to input a new request.
There are several ways to get help for any questions that you may have. Click on the Help link located in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Once you click on Help link, you will see a screen which will list a few help options. If included, you will see a listing of local phone numbers that can be used to contact someone within your organization. Additionally, you will see a link to download the MaintenanceDirect Requester Manual as well as being able to access the Online Help page.
If you select the MD Requester Online
Help option you can click on the links under the Table of Contents
heading. These headings will explain further how to navigate through the MySchoolBuilding.com
page. In the User Guides
section you will find an interactive help movie which will walk you through the steps of entering in a new request.