- In order to tryout, practice or participate in any sport the student must have a current sports physical and be certified by the school nurse. Physicals are considered current for 12 continuous months and must be within a year from the beginning of the sports season. Should the date of the physical expire during the sports season a new physical is required.
- Physical exams may be given by the school physician or the student’s family physician with review and approval by the school’s physician. They must include blood pressure reading and urine test for sugar and albumin.
- The school nurse has sports physical sign-ups several times throughout the year prior to each sports season. The school’s physician will be available at the high school to perform sports physicals during this time.
The following paperwork must be fully completed and turned in:
- “Sport Certification Form”
- “Interscholastic Sports Permission Slip” to be signed no earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of tryouts.
- “Concussion Information Sheet”
When the above requirements have been met, the school nurse will certify the students for sports participation.
Please follow the following links to acquire the relevant documents.
Interscholastic Sports Permission Slip
2016 Transportation Permission Slip-Parents
Sports Certification Form
Sports Permission Slip Cover Letter